The Ronin-SC offers a highly compact design, high-grade materials and advanced technology to open the world of creative possibilities for users capturing videos and photographs.
It offers the same modes as Ronin-S, but with several exciting new additions, including Force Mobile and ActiveTrack 3.0, and is also almost half the weight of the Ronin-S.
This Ronin-SC Standard package includes the main gimbal and some essentials to get you up and running.
Lightweight & Compact
Opening possibilities for filmmakers and content creators in almost any situation, Ronin-SC was built to go anywhere. Magnesium and aluminum construction, along with high-strength composite materials provide robust performance at just 1.1 kg. With a modular, quick setup design, Ronin-SC can pack neatly in limited spaces and be carried with ease.
Ronin-SC supports a wide range of cameras and lenses while meeting strict performance standards. It has been rigorously tested to support a payload of 2.0 kg while still achieving a smooth, cinematic shot. Intuitive and user-friendly controls for shutter and focus are also available for most camera brands.
Even in action-packed scenes, Ronin-SC gives a perfectly stable shot. Sport mode improves the sensitivity of each axis while continuing to maintain stabilization, making Ronin-SC more effective in fast follows, sudden motions, and even complete changes in direction.
Unobstructed Roll Axis Arm
An innovative framework elevates camera payload above the roll axis, keeping the camera’s built-in display free of obstruction. After DJI introduced this concept, it has been embraced throughout the handheld gimbal industry.
Unlimited Pan Axis
The pan axis allows for continuous movement, freeing the camera for more ambitious shots. Options like an infinite 360° roll allow filmmakers to achieve completely unique shots.
Down to Every Detail
The buttons and trigger are easy to reach for every essential control. A flared battery grip makes extended holding easier and slip-resistant, letting you capture moments throughout the day.
ActiveTrack technology arrives for the first time in the Ronin series. A smartphone mounted above the camera, the Ronin app, and Ronin-SC work together seamlessly to achieve smooth, precise gimbal movement at all times, allowing you to focus more on creating the shot that matches your vision.
Ronin-SC introduces Force Mobile, an app-based version of the Force Pro camera movement control system. By tilting and rotating your smartphone, users can control the gimbal with ultra-low latency, delivering a fluid, expressive shot with an instinctive feel. 
The Ronin app has also been improved for an even better user experience making Ronin-SC professional and easy to use. The layout has been refined to offer quicker access to preset scenarios, and we’ve also included a camera balancing guide, along with tutorials to help users master their handheld gimbal. The app also minimizes hardware tuning, setting filmmakers free to produce great footage.
The Ronin-SC offers the same modes as Ronin-S but with several exciting new additions. Key features and modes include:
- New Force Mobile 1: The new Force Mobile, similar to Force Pro, conveniently synchronises the movement of your connected mobile device with the Ronin-SC gimbal, offering an immersive filming experience. Users can now operate gimbal movements at a maximum distance of 24.9 metres using the new Bluetooth 5.0 connection. Currently, Force Mobile functionality will only work with iOS devices.
- New ActiveTrack 3.0: Using a mobile device, Ronin-SC users can select a subject for the gimbal to accurately follow. The new algorithms include deep learning and optimised calculations for human figures. Similar to the technology found in some DJI drones and the Osmo Series, ActiveTrack 3.0 uses the mobile phone’s camera view and sends this information to the Ronin-SC. Users can mount the mobile phone to the top of the camera’s hotshoe with the included phone holder mount, open the Ronin app and select the subject to follow automatically.
- Virtual Joystick: Control gimbal movement remotely using the virtual joystick, ideal for when Ronin-SC is on a tripod or monopod.
- TimeLapse: Create compelling TimeLapse content, adjusting settings including interval, clips and frames per second.
- Motionlapse: Add the element of motion to your TimeLapse.
- Motion Control: Set unique movement paths with Motion Control by selecting up to 10 different points.
- Panorama: Automatically capture panoramas in multiple rows or columns.
The Ronin-SC is compatible with the following cameras:
- Sony: A7 Series, A9, A6500, A6400, A6300, RX100.
- Nikon: Z6, Z7.
- Canon: EOS R, M50.
- Panasonic: GH5, GH5S, G9.
- Fujifilm: X-T2, X-T3.
What’s in the Box?
Standard & Pro Combo variations:
- Ronin-SC Gimbal x1
- BG18 Grip (built-in battery) x1
- Extension Grip/Tripod (plastic) x1
- Quick-release Plate x1
- Camera Riser x1
- Carrying Case x1
- Phone Holder x1
- Lens Support x1
- 8-pin Port Cover x2
- Wrench x2
- Camera Screw 1/4″-20 x3
- Screw M4 x4
- Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi-USB) x1
- Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C) x1
- USB-C Charging Cable x1
- Multi-Camera Control Adapter (Type-C To Micro USB) x1
Pro Combo variation only:
- Focus Motor x1
- Focus Motor Rod Mount x1
- Focus Wheel x1
- Focus Gear Strip x1
- Screw M4 x2
- RSS Splitter x1